Skip to content

Grants, loans and work-study: financial aid options

The Financial Aid office provides grants, loans and work-study funds for college students. In the United States, the federal government offers more than $150 billion each year to help millions of students pay for higher education. Not all of that money is equal, some of it comes with interest or requirements. Learn more about the various financial aid options below:

  • Grants: Government money that doesn't have to be paid back.
  • Loans: Money that has to be paid back with interest.
  • Work Study: Money that you earn by working on campus.

If your financial aid doesn't cover all your costs, don't forget to apply for CCC scholarships!


Federal Pell Grant
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Oregon Opportunity Grant
Oregon Promise Grant
Workforce Development Services
Consortium Agreements


Direct Loans
Direct PLUS Loans (parent loans)
Private Student Loans
Reporting of Loan Information to NSLDS
Terms and Conditions

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study is a type of need-based financial aid where students earn financial aid by working a part-time job either on campus or in a community-service position off campus. Complete the FAFSA and then email for more information. Award amounts vary based on the amount of funding allocated to CCC from the Department of Education, the number of interested students, the number of positions available for work-study students and your other financial aid.

Find out what positions are available on our Work Study listings page.

Ready to Get Started?