- Plan a Visit
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
- Tuition + Fees
- Financial Aid + Scholarships
Associated Student Government Grants
CCC's Associated Student Government (ASG) offers a variety of small grants to help students meet their goals and graduate. The funds are provided thanks to donations to the college's Foundation, as well as ASG and Horticulture Department fundraisers. Applications are accepted online before each term.
Grant recipients are selected through an evaluation process based on many factors, including financial need, grades, credit hours and more. The amount of money awarded varies due to the number of applicants and the funds available. Receiving a grant one term does not guarantee that you will receive a grant another term. Not everyone who applies will receive one.
Please note: Federal financial aid regulations require you to report any sources of income or assistance that you receive during the school year that total $100 or more to the Student Financial Aid Office. If you have questions about the impact of the grant on your aid package, please contact the Financial Aid Office in Roger Rook Hall or call 503-594-6100.
Typical ASG grant application due dates
- Fall Term: The first Friday of the term
- Winter and Spring Terms: The Friday of week 8 during the prior term
- Summer 2020 grants available for all grants! Application is due Friday, June 5 by 5 p.m.
Be prepared before beginning the grant application
There is no way to save the application after you've started, so please gather the following information before you begin.
- Income: total household employment, public assistance, veterans' benefits, child support, alimony and any other income not mentioned
- Financial Aid Award
- Household Expenses
Grant Questions: Please type one to two paragraphs per question in another program and copy and paste into the application.
- From a financial standpoint, what impact would this grant have on your education?
- What are your educational goals or career objectives after CCC?
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
- What would you do if you didn't receive a grant this term?
- Additional question for transportation grant applicants: In which category do you plan to use the grant? (Transit, bicycle, or carpool?)