Mathematics at Clackamas Community College
No matter your future plans, you'll likely need to understand core math concepts to get there. At CCC we provide an encouraging, supportive environment to help you be successful. Our dedicated instructors make it their goal to make math less scary, by placing you in the right math class and by providing support services like free tutoring.
Start with the right math class for you
The first step to being successful with college math is proper placement, and CCC offers a unique way to determine which class is right for you. At CCC you can either take the traditional placement test, or you can decide to work with a placement advisor, who works with you to assess your skills. For more information on our PASS program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Beth Wicklund at 503-594-6294.
Math pathways available at CCC
CCC offers three math pathways, or sequence of courses that match your career goals.
- Career Tech Path: Ideal for students in the skilled trades like welding, automotive or horticulture who need technical math skills.
- STEM or Traditional Path: Ideal for students planning to transfer to a four-year university and pursue a degree in science, chemistry, engineering, etc.
- Stats Path: Ideal for students pursuing creative and/or communication careers like journalism, art, marketing and psychology.
Math resources for CCC students
- The CCC Learning Center offers free drop-in tutoring for all math students, and scheduled one-on-one tutoring for certain classes. Visit the Learning Center for more details, or contact our Math Lab Coordinator Scot Pruyn (email@example.com).
- Textbooks and calculators are available to check out from the library or to rent through ASG.
Math Lab Hours
Math lab is closed during CCC holidays and campus closures. We close early during final week on Wednesday at 2 p.m. and re-open at the beginning of next term.
Oregon City campus (located in the Dye Learning Center)
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Sunday, closed
Harmony campus (located on the third floor of Harmony West)
- Monday and Wednesday, 10 a.m.-noon
- Monday-Thursday, 4-6 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m.-noon
Spanish math courses offered summer term 2022
Math 211-01, Bilingual Spanish Instruction
A course designed to teach students to understand the basic concepts of mathematics and provide ideas for teaching these concepts to elementary school children. Focuses on math anxiety and mindset, problem-solving, and arithmetic. MTH-211, 212, and 213 can be taken in any order. Prerequisites: MTH-095 with a C or better, or placement in MTH-111Z. Recommended: WRD-098 or placement in WR-121Z.
Este curso está diseñado para estudiantes de carreras técnicas. Los temas se centran en el pensamiento crítico, la resolución de problemas y la comunicación matemática utilizando aplicaciones de aritmética, mediciones, geometría, estadística y probabilidades. Prerequisites: MTH-020 con una C o mejor, o ubicación en MTH-050 o superior.
Explore Science, Technology, Engineering + Mathematics (STEM)!
Are you ready to solve complex problems with your critical and analytical skills? The STEM educational focus area is full of exciting programs to help you prepare for meaningful careers in STEM fields like biology, computer science and engineering.
Spring term hours
Most college services are available Monday through Friday throughout fall, winter and spring terms.
For a detailed list of current student services hours, including remote and in-person services, visit the Student Resources webpage. For information and updates on the return-to-campus status and COVID safety protocols, visit the Return to Campus webpage.