PROGRAM CODE: AAS.ADMINPRO
This program provides a strong foundation of office and technology skills and courses in business administration, with an emphasis on critical thinking and human relations skills. The program includes Related Instruction requirements, industry standard computer programs and more advanced business administration courses.
RELATED INSTRUCTION OUTCOMES
Computation (1 course- BA-104 Business Math)
- Use appropriate mathematics to solve problems
Communication (1 course- WR-121Z Composition I)
- Read actively, think critically, and write purposefully and capably for professional audiences
Human Relations (1 course- BA-285 Human Relations in Business)
- Engage in ethical communication processes that accomplish goals
Physical Education/Health/Safety/First Aid (1 credit- see catalog for course list)
- Use effective life skills to improve and maintain mental and physical wellbeing.
Upon successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- analyze and apply basic computer literacy skills, including typing by touch and numerical data entry keyboarding skills;
- effectively and independently utilize business standard software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database creation/organization, presentations, email/calendars, creation of forms and pdf documents, and office organizational tools);
- identify and analyze the skills necessary for effective office, business, and organizational operations;
- articulate, analyze, and apply basic business math and accounting skills common to business and organizational operations;
- articulate, analyze, and apply basic English grammar within common business documents (letters, reports, memos) as well as in verbal communication and presentations common to business offices and organizations.