- Plan a Visit
- Getting Started
- Apply Now
- Tuition + Fees
- Financial Aid + Scholarships
Financial Aid + Scholarships
Financial aid is available to help you achieve your educational goals. The CCC Financial Aid Office provides access to grants, scholarships, work-study and loans to help pay for school. You must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year you attend college to qualify to receive financial aid. The FAFSA is available starting Oct. 1 each year and must be completed annually.
The scholarship application for the 2018-2019 academic year is open starting January 30 and closes April 12.
The FAFSA application process
- Apply for admission to CCC
- Complete the FAFSA online and list the CCC School code for CCC (004878).
- Log in to your email through myClackamas. Check your email weekly for requests for information from the financial aid office. Click on "My Documents" to ensure that all necessary documents for your financial aid have been received.
- It may take up to four weeks to review your file and during this review, additional documentation may be requested from you.
- An email will be sent to your myClackamas email address when your award letter is available for you to view. You will need to accept or reject each type of financial aid.
- If you have accepted any Direct Loans, complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance loan counseling online at Student Loans.
Recommended financial aid deadlines
To ensure your financial aid is ready at the start of the term, we advise that you file your FAFSA and submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible, but no later than the recommended deadlines below. You may submit your materials after these deadlines, but you will be responsible for your bill until your financial aid offer can be prepared.
Summer Term 2017 Deadline
Fall Term 2017 Deadline
Winter Term 2018 Deadline
Spring Term 2018 Deadline
Eligibility requirements for financial aid:
To be eligible for federal financial aid, a student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen
- Have a valid Social Security Number (except for applicants from Micronesia, Marshall Islands and Palau)
- Be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not be in default on a federal student loan nor owe a repayment on a federal student grant
- Have a high school diploma, GED certificate or have completed a high school education in a homeschool setting
- Be registered with Selective Service if you are a male and are between the ages of 18 and 25
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) to be eligible for Direct Loan Program Funds
Residents of Oregon who do not qualify for federal financial aid may be eligible for Oregon State financial aid programs. For more information or to apply, visit the Office of Student Access and Completion.
How do you access your financial aid?
Upon admission to CCC, an account is set up for you with the Accounts Receivable Office. When you register for classes, the tuition and fees for your classes are charged to your student account. Financial aid disbursements begin the week prior to the start of each term. To be eligible for financial aid disbursement at the beginning of the term you must:
- Be registered for the same number of credits upon which your financial aid is awarded. If you will be attending less than full-time, complete a Change in Aid form with the Financial Aid Office so we can recalculate your aid eligibility.
- Have accepted your financial aid online.
- Have a valid Master Promissory Note (MPN) and entrance counseling on file if borrowing Direct Loans.
Your financial aid will be transmitted to your student account. If your financial aid is more than the amount of your tuition and fees, Accounts Receivable will prepare a refund to you. Refunds are sent out on Fridays. You may sign up for direct deposit for your refund or a check will be mailed to the address you have on file with the college.
The Financial Aid Office will disburse once weekly throughout the term and refund checks or direct deposit refunds will be made each week on Friday.